Promoting excellence within a caring, Christian community
Tel: 01484 714964 | Fax: N/A
Here at St. Andrew’s, pupils are assessed in each subject area. We assess whether the child is working towards (WT), working at the expected level (EXP) or working beyond the expected level for the year group (GD).
Parents are informed through our termly parent consultation evenings and through the end of year school reports of how pupils are progressing and what their levels of attainment are.
Nationally Standardised Summative Assessments
Nationally standardised summative assessment enables:
• School leaders to monitor the performance of pupil cohorts, identify where interventions may be required, and work with teachers to ensure pupils are supported to achieve sufficient progress and attainment
• Teachers to understand national expectations and assess their own performance in the broader national context
• Pupils and parents to understand how pupils are performing in comparison to pupils nationally
Nationally standardised summative assessments include:
• Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) profile at the end of the Reception year.
• Phonics screening check in Year 1 with a retest if needed in Year 2.
• National Curriculum tests and teacher assessments at the end of Key Stage 1. (Year 2)